Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Got Twins?

Life just got a little bit crazier. 

Yesterday we had our first ultrasound since the confirmation blood tests,  it had been two weeks of waiting and we were excited and anxious for this to go well.  I had been experiencing some morning sickness and fatigue which helped to reassure us that the pregnancy was progressing as it should but we were still nervous.  From the day we got our blood test results I've been pretty certain it was twins, Brady refused to be swayed one way or the other but somehow I knew.  I would refer to the "babies" plural (I didn't want one to feel left out just in case) and started preparing myself for a two for one result on our ultrasound.  Laying there waiting for the Magic Man was agony but finally he was there and the lights were out and there they were. Two of them.  It was unreal looking at the ultrasound machine and seeing our two little ones and knowing our life will never be the same.  As of yesterday I was 6 weeks and 4 days along and our little guys are measuring a little small.  Baby A is measuring at 6 weeks 1 day and baby B is measuring at 6 weeks exactly, the Magic Man didn't seem overly concerned but told us he wants to check them again in a week to make sure they are growing as they should.  We were thrilled to both see and hear their little heartbeats going strong at 110 and 109 (doc said anything over 100 was what we were looking for) and even got some ultrasound pictures to stare at and obsess over for the next week.  My blood levels from the day show a good estradol level which means I can start to wean off of the oral estrace I have been taking and while my progesterone levels are good they want them to stay that way, this means continuing on the shots probably for another month or so.

I find myself going from complete elation to reserved optimism.  After everything we have been through I am not sure when we will feel like it's safe to really be excited.  We are trying to think good thoughts and create an atmosphere of good energy and to not go crazy with stress and worry in the next week.  I am doing my best to rest up and take good care of myself.  I joke that I am in slug mode.  All I do is eat and sleep and pee.  Brady has been a champ, helping more around the house and trying like mad to finish all of the new house projects we started this summer in anticipation of the upcoming madness.  I know it's still early and allot can happen but I feel good, I feel happy and I feel like we are finally on our way to becoming a family.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I'll be praying for on this crazy journey. What a blessing... TWINS!!! I think that would be so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good. This is FABULOUS news! May God continue to bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All our love and best prego thoughts going out to you four! I love them already... I cried reading this post... and all from the joy that is knowing you are going the distance and being part of your journey we feel so thankful and grateful and trying to join your reserved optimism ... my happy feet are ready to get going Steve Martin style as soon as you say they can go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnksquL557s

    ReplyDelete